Deborah Elizabeth Zolla
Deborah Elizabeth Zolla, a partner in the firm, has an intense and sophisticated background in the field of family law. Her legal work, publications, speaking engagements and bar association activities have all enhanced her reputation in her field. Ms. Zolla was recognized as a Super Lawyer from 2017 through 2021 for her professional achievement in the field of family law. She was also recognized on the 2009 – 2015 Southern California Rising Stars list, featuring outstanding lawyers in Los Angeles Magazine and Southern California Super Lawyers – Rising Stars Edition.
Ms. Zolla majored in History at the University of California, Los Angeles, graduating cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1998. She received her Law Degree from Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, in 2002 and was admitted to practice in California that same year. While at Loyola Law School, Ms. Zolla was a Note and Comment Editor and Staff Writer on Loyola’s International and Comparative Law Review. She also served as President of Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity International. At graduation, she received the Dean’s Service Award for outstanding service to Loyola Law School.
Ms. Zolla has authored and published in professional journals the following articles:
- Co-Author: Mediation Confidentiality vs. Breach of Spousal Fiduciary Duty: The Clash of Enshrined Public Policy Titans, California Family Law Monthly, June 2012
- Co-Author: Publication of updated 2009 Chapter in CEB entitled Dividing Pensions and Other Employee Benefits in California Divorces, Chapter 2, Initial Procedures and Pre-Trial Orders, April 2009
- Co-Author: Publication of Chapter on Fiduciary Duty Between Spouses in the 2008 Family Law Symposium Reference Book, Los Angeles County Bar Association, May 2008
- Co-Author: Publication of Chapter in new CEB publication entitled Dividing Pensions and Other Employee Benefits in California Divorces. Chapter 2, Initial Procedures and Pretrial Orders, January 2007
- Co-Author: Automatic Temporary Restraining Orders [ATROS]: Protector of the Status Quo or Impermissible Restraint on Alienation? California Family Law Monthly, November 2005
- Co-Author: Marital Duty: Fiduciary Duty Between Spouses, Cover Article, Los Angeles Lawyer, February 2004
- Co-Author: Health Care and Family Law: An Unhealthy Alliance, California Family Law Monthly, June 2003 [updated and reprinted Los Angeles County Bar Association Family Law News & Review, September 2004]
- Co-Author: Religious Divide: Time for Another Look at Religious Upbringing Provisions in Prenuptial Agreements, California Lawyer, June 2002
- Co-Author: Lasting Wishes: California’s New Health Care Decisions Law, Los Angeles Lawyer, December 2000
Ms. Zolla also wrote an article entitled “My Little Energizer Bunny: My Mom, Barbie Zolla, Has Survived Pancreatic Cancer for Over a Year and a Half and is Still Going Strong” which was published in the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network in October 2008.
Ms. Zolla has lectured at the Annual Meeting of the State Bar of California, in Monterey, California, at Loyola Law School and Southwestern Law School. She has also presented at numerous family law study groups, corporate law firms, and accounting firms on family law issues.
Ms. Zolla is currently a member of the Family Law Sections of the State Bar of California, the Los Angeles County Bar Association, and the Beverly Hills Bar Association. She has served as a member of the Executive Committee of the Family Law Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association and on the Continuing Education of the Bar Family Law Advisory Committee. She has also served as a member of the Anti-Defamation League’s Glass Leadership Institute. Ms. Zolla has also served on the Associate Board of OUR HOUSE Grief Support Center.